lemon cayenne green smoothie

September 26, 2013

Anyone seen all the new juice lines that are invading the grocery stores lately? The other day I was in Whole Foods and a woman was passing out samples of this new line of juices. Awesome! There were about ten different flavors to try and I, of course, ended up trying every single one. I tried to approach the free samples as though I was curiously trying juice for the very first time - wink, wink. After trying basically every combination known to man, I settled for one and delicately asked how much the bottle was...$15.95. Whaaaatttttt! Are they smokin' dope?! Don't answer that...

Needless to say, I did not end up buying the liquid gold. However, I did get some inspiration on a few ingredients to add to my green smoothies!

Ever heard of the lemon-cayenne cleanse? Yeah, well this is most definitely not it. I've never tried the cleanse, but I can't fathom I ever would. I love lemon and I love cayenne...but living on that in liquid form for a few days? Eh, I'll pass. I will, however, add those ingredients to my smoothie!

So here you go, this recipe really isn't rocket science or anything new. Just a little something I enjoyed and thought I'd share. This takes on the ingredients of any ol' traditional green smoothie, but with a little added tang and kick! It's a smoothie that will add a little spice to your life (literally) and give you an extra pep in your step!

Lemon Cayenne Green Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 pear
1 apple
2-3 cups of romaine, kale, spinach or chard
1-2 stalks of celery
2 cups water
1 tbsp ginger (approx. 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled)
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Directions:
Add all the ingredients to your blender and pulse away!

Drink immediately. Leftovers can be saved for up to a day in the fridge.


No comments :

Post a Comment